Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Jade has Giardia

Our pediatrician's office called us on Sunday afternoon to tell us that Jade's stool samples show that she has Giardia, an intestinal parasite one gets from contaminated water. It looks like I may have it, too. This is something they test babies from China for. I just didn't think she'd have it. She doesn't really show too many symptoms. She's been cutting teeth, so I thought her fussiness was just that, but her teeth are through & she's still fussy. At least now we know why and can treat it. Treatment used to last for up to 5 weeks with a nasty-tasting liquid 3 times a day, but there is a new medication out that tastes good & is taken twice a day for 3 days. Yeah! She started it last night, so hopefully it will be over soon & she will be feeling better again. Despite a parasite taking most of her nutrition, she has gained 3 lbs. since coming home and looks wonderfully healthy! She's filling out well. Take a look at these pix. Finally, I can get some to download again!
This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago. My friend, Carol, brought her granddaughter over to play. Jade is 6 months older than Ella, yet is still quite small.










These two photos are from last week.


This one makes me think of my Aunt Jean! Maybe Jade will be a preacher when she grows up!

No comments: