Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Finally, Another Update

Well, life has just been busy. Happy, busy hands & hearts. It seems that every time I try to blog, Jade wakes up & needs to be held. And I still love holding her. Clean towels are piled up on the couch waiting to be folded & put away. Dirty dishes are waiting to be loaded into the dishwasher, but the clean ones need to be put away first. Usually these things bug me to death. Now, well now I just don't care. I'd rather hold my baby.
Jade had her first full check up last Monday and has gained 2 lbs., 12 oz! She's grown 1/2 inch in length. She looks so much fuller and healthier. I thought the doctor said (last time we saw her) that Jade was under the 5th percentile of growth, but she said (at this visit) that she has moved from under the 3rd percentile almost up to the 5th. I wonder how she has survived except for the grace of God. And the strong will that He gave to her. She is determined and persistent, and although sometimes I wish she weren't, I'm sure it gave her the fight to live. So, I am thankful for her strong will.
We were referred to early intervention since she still can't crawl. However, I'm sure she's going to be walking on her own by the end of the month. Her back & hips have strengthened and she is far less wobbly when she walks holding our hands. She can pretty much stand by herself.
It seems that Jade has been saying "Mama" for quite a while and we didn't realize it. It has become more clear, and I love it. She is such a happy baby. When she is really happy, she flails her arms & legs and laughs and laughs. I wish I could put a video of it on here.
Well, she's awake & calling for me, so I must go.
I've had trouble getting pictures to download to blogger since August 1, but I'll keep trying.
Trisa

No comments: