Monday, July 17, 2006

Good Morning!

I think it is hilarious, the typo I made when saying that prayer was needed. No, we do not need an orater! If you oraters did pray, however, your prayers were answered! Jeff and I have both awakened feeling much better this morning.
Our pediatrician, Katie, arrived last night at 10:30 and came straight to our room to check Jade. She is wonderful and sweet and very caring. She thinks that Jade had a slight case of pneumonia. Jeff has said that all along, but I thought it was bronchitis. So, Ba Ba had good instincts. : )
Katie said that if Jade's fever doesn't come back that we can switch her from IV anitibiotics to shots or oral meds that she has brought with her. I was thrilled to hear that, as it is so hard to watch her crying so hard while they put needles in her head. But...Jade awakened with 101.4 fever, so I don't know what Katie will say. We see her at 9 this morning for the routine medical check she is to give the babies. They gave us the first slot since Jade has been so sick. I am so glad. If Katie feels that Jade should continue with the IV's, we will take her back to the children's hospital at 10, and then again at 2. Whatever will make her better is what we want, of course, but the hospital just feels so unsanitary. I think that the inside areas (where we put the babies on the pad on the counter) are sanitary, and Rose told us that that hospital has a policy of never using a needle twice, which we witnessed yesterday when the first attempt at the IV in her head did not hit a vein. That was a comfort to us after seeing and smelling the filth throughout the other rooms.
Jade woke up at 4:30 for a bottle and drank very little, but seemed to feel much better. She actually smiled several times and gave us a few short laughs when I rubbed my nose on her tummy to see if she was ticklish.
Well, Jade is awake again and wanting Ma Ma, so I'll close. Please continue to pray for Jade.
If anyone at our church is reading this, would you please keep Jade on the prayer chain? Praise the Lord that she is much improved, and please keep praying, especially since her fever is back.
We love you guys,
TB & Jeff

No comments: