Sunday, May 28, 2006

WE RECEIVED OUR REFERRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S A GIRL!
For this child I prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of Him. 1 Samuel 1:27

With gratitude to our Lord, we happily present to you our baby girl, Fu Xiao Zheng.
Name: Fu Xiao Zheng, now Jade Xiao Gilman “Xiao” (prounounced Sheow) means Smile. “Zheng” (pronounced Szchung) means Honest, Genuine. “Fu” is part of the name of the orphanage she is in. Orphanages give all of their babies the same last name, which is always part of the institute’s name. Chinese names begin with their last name. Jade's orphanage is the Fuzhou Social Welfare Institute so her last name (listed first) is Fu.
Birthdate: June 20, 2005
Height: 25.6 inches
Weight: 18.7lbs (with 7 layers of clothes on!)
Province: Jiangxi (pronounced Jeawngshe)
Country: China
Orphanage: Fuzhou Social Welfare Institute
We will receive our travel dates in about 3 weeks. Families are currently traveling 5 weeks after receiving their referral, but that changes frequently. Either way we should travel sometime in July. We’ll update things here as we receive them.
We will be in China for two weeks finalizing the adoption, having meetings with officials, getting her visa, and doing all that is necessary to bring baby Jade home.
We are over the moon!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!! Oh, I cannot tell you how excited I am for you! I love my new cousin already! * hugs & kisses *

SARA said...

Congrats!!!!!!!! She is a beautiful little girl!
Sara
LID 2/27/06

Anonymous said...

Jeff & Theresa, My sincerest best wishes and total joy for what is about to be the next segment of your incredible journey. My very dear friend Stephen Mears shared your story with me (we are former co-workers)as I also adopted a little girl from China two years ago, Mae Li. In one blink of the eye, my life changed forever when that cherished gift was put in my arms, and I am filled with happiness in knowing you both will experience such an incredible "God Moment" of your own. Best of luck and love filled wishes to both of you,
Ali Cleveland