Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ain't It The Truth!

He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

I just saw this on an email from a friend and I like it so much better than the alternative. I have always disliked the bumper sticker that says "He who dies with the most toys wins." What matters when we die is that we know Jesus as our Savior. It is my prayer that you do.

There is a song that I keep hearing on the radio lately. Every time I hear it I cry for people I love who do not know Jesus.

Here are words to the song. If you'd like to hear it, here's a link to it. (I'm not crazy about the picture that comes up, so if you don't like it, close your eyes and listen. It's worth it!)
http://www.soundchasermusic.net/sc59/songswf/song4005.html

Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus)

Weak and wounded sinner
Lost and left to die
Raise your head, for love is passing by
Come to Jesus, Come to Jesus, Come to Jesus and live.

Now your burden's lifted
And carried far away
And precious blood has washed away the stain
So Sing to Jesus, Sing to Jesus, Sing to Jesus and live.

And like a newborn baby
Don't be afraid to crawl
Remember when you walk sometimes we fall
So Fall on Jesus, Fall on Jesus, Fall on Jesus and live.

Sometimes the way is lonely
And steep and filled with pain
So if your sky is dark and pours the rain
Then Cry to Jesus, Cry to Jesus, Cry to Jesus and live.

O, and when the love spills over
And music fills the night
And when you can't contain your joy inside
Then Dance for Jesus, Dance for Jesus, Dance for Jesus and live.

And with your final heartbeat
Kiss the world goodbye
Then go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side
And Fly to Jesus, Fly to Jesus, Fly to Jesus and live.

Fly to Jesus, Fly to Jesus, Fly to Jesus and live.
- Chris Rice

I want that song played at my funeral. I want it to be the last thing everyone hears from me. Come to Jesus and live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I promise to take note that we sing this at your funeral. I'll think about it and let you know what you are in charge of at mine. :)

~Shannon